2. Application. This policy applies to information we collect on this Website, in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website, or through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-brower-based interaction between you and this Website. This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third party (including our affiliates), or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
3. Information We Collect About You. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
a. by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("Personal Information");
b. that is about you but individually does not identify you, and/or
c. about your internet connection, the equipment and software you use to access our Website and usage details.
4. How We Collect the Information. We collect this information:
a. Directly from you when you provide it to us.
b. Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
5. Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include, but is not limited to:
a. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information such as when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Website.
b. Records and copies of your correspondence, including e-mail addresses, if you contact us.
c. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
d. Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
e. Your search queries on the Website
6. User Contributions. You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
7. Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences; customize our Website according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
b. Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
c. Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as pixel tags) that permits us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
8. How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
a. To present our Website and its contents to you.
b. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
c. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
d. To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
e. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
f. To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
g. To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
h. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
i. For any other purpose with your consent.
j. To contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
a. To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
b. To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
c. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bill Hicks & Co.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bill Hicks & Co. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
d. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
e. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
f. With your consent.
g. To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
i. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bill Hicks & Co., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
11. Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transaction will be processed using secure, encrypted SSL technology. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.